Located in the heart of the Los Angeles coastline, Marina del Rey is the L.A. area’s premier waterfront destination with venues to give any event an enviable “wow” factor. The Marina offers more than 100,000 square feet of unique meeting space, ranging from luxury yachts to waterfront restaurants a...
Located in the heart of the Los Angeles coastline, Marina del Rey is the L.A. area’s premier waterfront destination with venues to give any event an enviable “wow” factor. The Marina offers more than 100,000 square feet of unique meeting space, ranging from luxury yachts to waterfront restaurants and extravagant banquet rooms.
The Marina’s proximity to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)—just 4 miles north—makes it a convenient option for travelers to Los Angeles. Easy freeway access puts Marina del Rey within a short drive to LA’s popular attractions—the world-famous Venice Beach and Santa Monica are right next door! And as a part of the L.A. Westside’s “Silicon Beach,” the Marina is in the thick of the tech-industry hotbed.
Five hotels finished renovations in the past few years, and the Marina can now promise posh accommodations for discerning travelers, as well as smartly updated properties that appeal to the budget-conscious set. A $20 million renovation of the iconic Marina del Rey Hotel (in 1964, the first hotel to open here) refreshed the space with an ocean-inspired color palette and beach-chic styling. The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey, overhauled its 304 luxurious guest rooms, as did the Marina del Rey Marriott, which also enhanced its public spaces.
WATERFRONT DINING & ENTERTAINMENT
Waterfront dining brings an air of sophistication to any event or meeting. Dining venues in Marina del Rey are experienced in handling groups, with features such as patios, terraces, and covered decks as prime real estate for any private function.
In addition to land-based venues with ocean views, the Marina offers unique on-the-water options for dining and receptions, including private yacht charters and harbor cruises that can include a full meal or a cocktail party.
WHERE BOARD ROOM MEETS FUN
Marina del Rey’s waterfront location puts a creative twist on meeting space. Add some flair with one of the Marina’s signature events:
• Host a sunset cocktail reception aboard a harbor cruise
• Hold a seminar at sea or a dockside meeting on a yacht
• Meet in a rooftop ballroom with sweeping views of the Los Angeles coastline
• Make a statement with a harborside meeting in a private yacht club
• Enjoy the breezy coastal climate in an intimate rose garden or private outdoor terrace
• Organize team-building events like mini sailing regattas, group rowing, and deep-sea fishing
Because of the close proximity of hotels, restaurants, and activities, meeting in the Marina is a breeze as guests can easily walk or bike. The Marina recently welcomed The Free Ride, a free, on-demand shuttle service that operates daily from noon to 9 p.m. Parking is also plentiful.
GROUP LEISURE ACTIVITIES
In between meetings or at the start/end of each day, the Marina’s activities will keep attendees busy with recreational fun – either as a group outing or individual experience. In many cases, hourly rentals are available and introductory or group lessons can be arranged. Popular selections include:
• On-the-water activities like stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking, and sailing
• Parasailing excursions that soar above the Santa Monica Pier and Venice Beach
• Leisurely bike rides along the Los Angeles coastline
• Cruising the harbor on an electric boat
• Breaking out on the Pacific with a high-speed power boat or skippered yacht
Take the bored out of board meeting and plan outside the box in Marina del Rey! Go to visitmarinadelrey.com.