The central Vancouver Island tourism region of Qualicum Beach & Parksville BC is Canada’s best family friendly beach destination according to Better Homes and Gardens. The Globe & Mail called these Vancouver Island tourism towns “Canada’s Riviera”. Local islanders often call this charming collection of communities "Oceanside".
Top 5 non-beach reasons to visit Central Vancouver Island may be best known for beaches but there are plenty of other reasons why visitors choose to stay in Qualicum Beach, Parksville British Columbia (in no specific order):
1. 18 BC Parks and regional parks including Cathedral Grove's old growth forest
2. 5 Wildlife refuges – if you have kids, think TV’s “Go Diego Go”
3. 7 Golf courses including one of Vancouver Island’s most photographed holes
4. 100+ Accommodations options at reasonable rates
5. Central location makes for easy day trips to other Vancouver Island tourism attractions