When you’re dealing with limited budgets, maximising your event’s return on investment (ROI) isn’t an easy task. But did you know that repurposing your event content helps you solve this challenge?
After spending months crafting impactful scripts, handouts, and presentations, many event marketers miss this golden opportunity. Repurposing your event content allows you to stretch your events further. This means more leads, more brand awareness, better audience engagement, and less work.
Read on to learn how to create great content for your events and repurpose it effectively across other marketing channels to reach new audiences, increase ROI, and build your brand.
People forget information within the first few days (or even hours) of hearing it, according to the Ebbinghaus Forgetting Curve. Repurposing your event content is a great way to keep that information fresh in your audience’s minds, even after your event has long finished.
Here are other advantages of repurposing your event content:
- Save time: Creating and distributing event content from scratch takes time. Each piece—whether it’s a blog, webinar, or quiz—must be engaging, informative, and relevant to your audience. And as an event marketer, your time is precious.
- Extend value: Instead of content becoming obsolete after the end of your event, repurposing it allows you to leverage that value for an extended period.
- Reach a wider audience: Repurposing your content allows you to engage creatively with your audience before and after your event. This audience will also be broader and more diverse— for example, people who may not have been able to attend your webinar or event. Recycling this content into different formats also helps you cater to different learning styles.
- Reinforce your message: Repetition is key to reinforcing messages. By repurposing content, you can maintain a consistent message and keep your audience engaged over time. Consistency helps build trust and brand recognition.
- Generate leads: Content such as e-books, whitepapers, and webinars can serve as valuable lead magnets. By repurposing event content into lead-generation assets, you can capture new leads and grow your email list.
- Establish thought leadership: Panel sessions, Q&As, and other discussions often generate invaluable insights for your audience. Repurposing these sessions into blogs or webinars, for example, will establish you as a thought leader in your industry.
- Maximise your budget: Repurposing event content maximises your marketing budget and frees up time to focus on other marketing activities.
- Understand audience interests: Transforming your event content into trackable formats, such as blogs, webinars, or videos, allows you to monitor interest over time. This will show you how long your audience spends on the page and what formats and topics work best.
Cvent CONNECT Europe is our annual tradeshow where we invite event and hospitality professionals to network and learn. Last year, we repurposed content from the event in three key ways and found success. Here’s how:
1. Create short video snippets for social media
We extracted the most impactful snippets from our sessions and turned them into short videos. Sharing these snippets on social media allowed us to share the most important and interesting insights from our event.
For example, this session covers strategies to keep your audience engaged before, during, and after your event:
We repurposed the session into a short video clip focused on the three key digital trends that will increase your event engagement: