Webinars, historically a key part of an organization’s marketing mix, have gained in importance over the past few years. The “digital boom” has had a profound impact, transforming these online events with new, impactful technology.
As a matter of fact, the Content Marketing Institute's 11th Annual B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends report shows that the number of virtual events, webinars, and online courses climbed from 57% to 67%.
With this significant increase in volume, marketers find themselves searching for new and more engaging webinar topics that will help them generate leads, feed pipeline, and build brand.
The goal now for leaders in the webinar space is to choose webinar subjects or concepts that will allow them to reach out to a larger audience—a challenge to say the least. Still, a challenge worth undertaking. An organization’s webinar program is only as strong as its topics.
Trending Webinar Topics And Ideas to Try
This might seem a little daunting, as trends seem to come and go with the wind these days. But webinars aren’t Tik Tok videos. You should feel comfortable when focusing on trends or best practices that your viewers will find useful in their day-to-day work lives. One of the best ways people can do this is by attending convenient webinars on said themes from the comfort of their homes, offices, coffee shops, etc. Let’s take a look at some popular webinar topics:
- Leadership and Management in the Post-Pandemic World: Leading and managing teams and organizations is much different today than it was two years ago. Several modifications, concessions, and adaptations have been made, from remote and hybrid workforces—and no two workplaces are the same. Regardless of the situation, your audience wants to be completely prepared and equipped to manage teams and lead individuals to success in our new digital era.
- How-To Webinars: Webinars on how to do something have always been popular and a terrific webinar topic since your potential attendees are always looking to gain knowledge, learn new skills, and how to perform specific jobs or processes. This type of webinar, with the right webinar technology, can also be divided into breakout sessions, each addressing a separate topic related to the others.
- Productivity Hacks: This year, productivity-hacking webinars are gaining a lot of steam. People are increasingly spending more time at home, working from home, and spending time alone with few or no other people with whom to socialize. While some thrive in these situations, others may suffer. Webinar topics like this will help people make the most of their time and remain productive even if their work environment has changed.
- Career Advice and Improvement: Related to #3 on our list, these webinars that focus on career improvement are popular among recent grads, younger professionals, and motivated employees. This is especially evident as people strive to advance their jobs despite the new normal's constraints and hurdles. You should be able to offer career advice, respond to unusual queries, and motivate and inspire your audience.
- Mental Health, Wellness, and Self-Care: Webinars on mental health, self-care, and well-being are also trending this year. During the pandemic, many people struggled to cope with their new environments, both psychologically and physically. HR departments, in particular, ramped up efforts to address these topics. This is why public webinars aimed at assisting individuals in taking care of themselves during these tough times are always welcome.
- Business Development Strategies: The topic of business development strategy is another popular webinar topic. Business owners and other professionals seek assistance to manage and maintain their companies. You can talk about how to run a business during a pandemic, generate more leads and clients, build new marketing techniques, and so forth.
- Virtual Product Launches: Virtual product launch webinars are excellent for generating interest and promoting participation among the general audience. It makes individuals feel connected, but it also gives your audience a sense of exclusivity. A virtual launch webinar, with a platform that can support it, is an excellent method to promote your product or service, demonstrate tips and techniques, and provide further information about your organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Compliance webinars are a hit with office workers. These online gatherings keep employees updated on the latest compliance requirements and laws. This is an important webinar topic for individuals working for large corporations, especially those working with or managing sensitive data or products on a national or global scale.
- Skill Enhancement: Webinars that teach attendees how to improve their skills are very popular with the general population. This type of webinar is ideal for experts and other people who are already proficient in a certain talent, instead of how-to webinars that target beginners or experts. You will be able to assist them in improving their skills, learning new techniques or skills, or receiving new updates and information relevant to their area.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Culture trends as the workplace continues to evolve are a good topic for discussion. A webinar on diversity and inclusion can assist you in expressing what these values mean to your company and how you intend to follow through on your mission statements. An interactive or panel style can enable your organization's different viewpoints to be heard. You will want to tread carefully when dealing with delicate matters like this, so keep your schedule in mind and the people you will be involved with.
- Current Affairs: Discuss how your firm or certain departments can handle a crisis or current situation (for example, many companies held successful webinars related to the impact of Covid-19, natural disasters, and other impactful events).
- Forward-Looking Webinars: So, you're interested in becoming a thought leader? This is the subject of discussion among thought leaders. Someone who has their finger on the pulse of their sector and the broader market and can talk authoritatively about such trends is referred to as a thought leader. Salespeople and marketers are yearning for information (with supporting data) like this, yet their jobs keep them too busy to conduct their research. A webinar can help them catch up.
These webinar ideas are just a start. Continue to search out new topics and trending subjects to better connect with your audiences. Ensure you’re combining this strategy with the right webinar technology platform and you’ll be well on your way to taking full advantage of this marketing tactic.