If you’re looking for the ultimate wow factor, Chicago is it.
Conferences, conventions, meetings, and special events find their home in Chicago, whether at McCormick Place, the Western Hemisphere's largest convention center; historic Navy Pier, with its stunning lakeside venues; or one-of-a-kind, only-in-Chicago spaces that fill attendees with awe.
Welcome to soaring views from one of the world's tallest buildings, lectures among ancient artifacts, meeting rooms with stunning waterfront vistas — the possibilities are simply endless, and all within a city renowned for its award-winning restaurants, pro sports teams, outdoor recreation, iconic architecture, jaw-dropping attractions, and innovative hotels.
Chicago’s wide range of venue types also means that whether you’re hosting a convention for tens of thousands or an intimate business meeting for 10, you’ll see your vision come to life flawlessly.
Added to that, Choose Chicago’s accomplished team is your partner throughout the planning process, ensuring that every detail — from marketing your event to finding just the right vendors — is covered.
Chicago is also lauded for its booming business and industry landscape. Here’s a snapshot.
With the most diversified economy in the U.S., Chicago is home to:
- 36 Fortune 500 companies.
- A 4-million-strong private-sector workforce focused on multiple verticals and generating a GRP of over $609 billion.
- More new and expanded corporate facilities than any other U.S. city.
- The best metro area in the nation for corporate relocation and investment.
- Over 1,800 foreign-based firms.
- More than $100 billion in foreign direct investment.
- 77 ethnically diverse neighborhoods in which small businesses thrive.
- 80-plus foreign consulates/consuls general and over 100 international/ethnic Chambers of Commerce and international trade organizations.
- 28 international sister cities, strengthening the city’s global partnerships.
- The highest percentage of certified LEED or Energy Star office buildings, 66%, among the 30 largest real estate markets in the U.S.
Chicago is an internationally renowned tourist destination, with accolades that include:
- A record-breaking 55.2 million visitors in 2017 and 56.7 million in 2018.
- Ranking as the Best Big City in the U.S. by Conde Nast Traveler.
- Ranking as the World's Best City for Having It All by Time Out.
- Recognition as Expedia’s most-searched-for city.
- Ranking of the No. 1 attraction in the Midwest with Millennium Park, which was also named one of the top 10 most-visited sites in the U.S.
Selected as Bon Appetit’s Restaurant City of the Year, Chicago is home to:
- 25 restaurants awarded with coveted stars in Michelin Guide 2018.
- Alinea, ranked No. 1 on Elite Traveler’s list of the Top 100 Restaurants in the World for 2018.
- The prestigious James Beard Foundation and Awards.
- The most breweries in the United States.
The sector’s recognition is ever-growing. Facts to note include:
- Tech remains Chicago’s fastest-growing industry sector.
- Modis named Chicago the nation’s top tech hot spot of the future.
- The sector employs more than 143,000 people working with more than 4,000 digital companies — one of the largest tech talent pools in the United States.
- Deloitte identified Chicago as a top 10 global tech and innovation hub.
- Pitchbook ranked Chicago first in the country for venture capital ROI.
Medical and Health
There’s always a doctor in the house in Chicago. The city has:
- Over 100 academic medical centers and hospitals, seven of which are ranked among the nation’s top hospitals.
- More than 40 national medical and health association headquarters.
- Over 28,000 doctors and more than 80,000 nurses.
Chicago strives for academic excellence and is home to:
- Over 30 universities and colleges within the city.
- The University of Chicago, ranked among the top three universities in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
- 89 Nobel Prize winners heralding from the University of Chicago alone.
- Over 400 private schools and more than 600 public schools.
Chicago is ranked one of the nation’s top five sports cities, boasting:
- 28 championship titles and eight major league teams.
- The 2016 World Series winners, the Chicago Cubs.
- Nearly 350,000 people who participate in thousands of sports and recreational programs offered by the Chicago Park District.
- Record-breaking attendance at sporting events and celebrations.
Chicago: Home to Great Meetings
Start with the experts and end with incredible savings.
Choose Chicago, along with its partner hotels, United Airlines, and McCormick Place, is excited to introduce you to the 2019 Great Meetings Promotion!
If you book a new group meeting totaling 250 or more room nights through your Choose Chicago sales representative at a Choose Chicago partner hotel during a need time in 2019, 2020 or 2021, you are eligible to receive one of the below awards (per program booked).
Please contact your Choose Chicago sales representative for details on the following incentives for our customers (choice of one per booking):
- 25,000 United MileagePlus Award Miles.
- $500 Visa gift card.
- $500 Lettuce Entertain You gift card.
Working with Choose Chicago provides access to:
- Great availability and special value dates at 168 partner hotel properties representing 54,442 daily hotel rooms.
- Our Meeting Planner Toolkit, a library of professionally produced marketing assets, including photography and videography, to promote your event.
- Quick event turnaround.
The Collection at McCormick Square Keeps Getting Bigger and Better
The Collection at McCormick Square is an interconnected complex anchored by McCormick Place — the largest convention center in the Western Hemisphere — plus Wintrust Arena, the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, the Marriott Marquis Chicago, and the first-ever tri-branded Hilton, which combines a Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, and Home2 Suites. All facilities are linked by enclosed skybridges, making this the ultimate all-season venue.
Best of all, The Collection at McCormick Square is located within easy reach of the lakefront and some of Chicago’s most celebrated neighborhoods and districts, including Chinatown, the Prairie Avenue Historic District, the Motor Row District, and Museum Campus, home to the Field Museum of Natural History, Adler Planetarium, and Shedd Aquarium.
Meet in Chicago
Choose Chicago is happy to announce our meetings-focused social media channels! Make sure to follow @MEETINCHICAGO on Instagram and Twitter to see what’s happening in the city. We’re here to promote your event, engage with your meeting attendees, and help you and your guests have the best time possible.