Tempe, Arizona is located just four miles from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. It’s easy for meeting attendees to get to Tempe and this classic college town is full of activity year-round. With all the meeting spaces, local eateries, full-service and limited-service hotels, and things to do, Tempe is an excellent choice for Arizona group travel. And, Tempe’s location makes it easy for meeting planners who want to boost attendance at their next event, while minimizing transportation planning hassles, headaches, and costs.
Is airlift important when planning your next meeting?
Phoenix has a lower domestic itinerary fare than the U.S. average, and flights from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport travel to 80 domestic locations and 20 international locations. PHX has nonstop flights from many major cities like Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami, El Paso, Cleveland, Portland, and many more. Check out the full list of all 80 nonstop flights. This makes it quite convenient and inexpensive to get to Tempe, even for an international group.
Flight time examples:
- New York City to Tempe, expect about a 4 hour and 40-minute flight.
- Seattle to Tempe is about 2 ½ hours.
- Chicago to Tempe is about 3 hours and 20 minutes.
Getting from the airport to Tempe is more convenient than ever!
At the airport, the PHX Sky Train runs 24-hours a day and connects people to or from Terminals 3 and 4 and the 44th Street and Washington light rail stop. Valley Metro Rail transports visitors between the airport, Tempe and Downtown Phoenix. Many of Tempe’s hotels offer complimentary airport transportation as well. It’s also very easy to rent a car at the Rental Car Center at the airport.
Throughout their stay, visitors can use a green alternative for transportation and take Valley Metro Rail, Tempe public buses, and utilize Grid Bike share.
Looking for a convenient location for your next regional meeting?
If you are coming from the West or Southwest, driving is a great option to get to Tempe. Tempe has an excellent freeway system that is easy to utilize. Loop 101 and Loop 202 can get you around the valley in no time, while staying free of any toll charges.
Freeway systems connected to Tempe:
- Interstate 10 (Maricopa Freeway)
- U.S. 60 (Superstition Freeway)
- Loop 101 (Price Freeway)
- Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway)
Drive time examples:
- Flagstaff to Tempe is 152 miles and 2 ½ hours driving time if you use Interstate 17.
- Tucson to Tempe is 112 miles and 1 hour and 45 minutes driving time via Interstate 10.
- Los Angeles to Tempe is 381 miles and 5 ½ hours driving time through Interstate 10.
- Las Vegas to Tempe is 305 miles and 4 hours and 45 minutes driving time through US Highway 93.
- San Diego to Tempe, your drive will be about 363 miles and 5 hours by using Interstate 8.
- Albuquerque to Tempe is 412 miles and 6 ½ hours driving time via Interstate 40.
For more information about planning a meeting in Tempe, please contact the Tempe Tourism Group Sales team at 480-894-8158.