Cvent Unveils Large-Scale Updates to the Cvent Supplier Network
Venue sourcing platform gains enhanced search capabilities, mobile support, and extensive technology updates.
Tysons, Va and LAS VEGAS – Cvent, Inc., the market leader in meetings, events, and travel technology, unveiled the latest updates to their Cvent Supplier Network (CSN) today at the company’s annual user conference, Cvent CONNECT, in Las Vegas. The complete redesign of CSN delivers significant improvements to usability and search relevancy, and is designed to help meeting planners find the perfect event venue with ease.
“This launch marks a paradigm shift in venue sourcing based on our customer’s holistic interests and feedback.” said Vice President of Marketing, Kevin Fliess. “Our technology team has spent thousands of hours doing field research and has worked hand-in-hand with our customers to ensure that the redesign meets the needs of the modern planner and our supplier partners.”
Some of the redesign highlights include:
- A much more intuitive platform, featuring a single search field where users simply enter the name of any city, airport, address, or even neighborhood. Searching “SOHO,” for example, will bring up venues within the eponymous New York City area. The shift to Google Maps allows planners to easily utilize a map or list view to find their desired venue in the perfect neighborhood.
- For event planners looking for a bargain, the platform now automatically displays venues that have need dates or are running promotions over specified dates.
- Users who are logged into their CSN account can access a brand new feature, the Venue List, which unifies searches across devices. The enhanced mobile support allows planners to start the venue search process on a phone, continue on their desk at work, and make adjustments in the evening via a tablet â a major advantage for planners who often start and finish the venue selection process on different devices.
- Several enhancements, such as map-driven searches and city aliases, help international planners find venues in unfamiliar locations with ease.
While many of the updates affect the front-end user experience, the additional needs of hotels and event venues were also considered in the redesign. CSN studies show that planners focus primarily on images, meetings space information, floor plans, and menus.
- The platform now boasts an expanded photo capacity, allowing venues to display high-definition imagery. This update will likely offer venues that feature rich media a significant advantage in customer searches and click-through rates.
- Further enhancements include support for mobile advertising and streamlined venue profiles designed to increase user engagement and exposure.
About Cvent, Inc.
Cvent, Inc. is a leading meetings, events, and hospitality management technology provider with more than 3,200 employees, 25,000 customers, and 300,000 users worldwide. The Cvent Event Cloud offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, and attendee engagement. Cvent’s suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. The Cvent Hospitality Cloud partners with hotels and venues to help them drive group and corporate travel business. Hotels use the Cvent Hospitality Cloud’s digital marketing tools and software solutions to win business through Cvent’s sourcing platforms and to service their customers directly, efficiently and profitably – helping them grow and own their business. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. For more information, please visit Cvent.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
About the Cvent Supplier Network
Featuring more than 245,000 hotels, resorts and special event venues, the Cvent Supplier Network is one of the world's largest and most accurate databases of detailed venue information. Cvent sourced more than $11 billion in meetings and events through its marketplace in 2016. The CSN contains listings of hotels and other venues in more than 175 countries that can be searched and filtered based on approximately 200 meetings and events attributes. The Network is part of the Cvent Hospitality Cloud, which provides hotels, CVBs and other event venue owners, solutions to effectively generate qualified demand for meetings and events, manage that demand more efficiently, and measure group business performance.