Cvent Announces Free Training and Certification Opportunities for Event and Hospitality Professionals Around the World
More than 1,500 industry professionals across the APAC have already completed training
Singapore – July 13, 2020 – Cvent, a market-leading meetings, events, and hospitality technology provider, today announced that it has trained and certified more than 20,000 marketers, event planners, and hospitality professionals (1,500+ in the APAC) through its free training and certification program, helping them sharpen their skills, expand their industry expertise, enhance their resumes, and prepare for the future. The company is temporarily offering all of its Cvent Certifications and training programs to anyone in the industry free of charge. Certifications typically have been offered only to Cvent customers, and it can cost up to SGD $2,500 for an individual to get certified and trained across the entire Cvent platform. Also included in the program are hundreds of free live, virtual training sessions and certification study groups, hosted by Cvent experts.
“In early March, when the global pandemic really began to impact those in the meetings, events, and hospitality industries, we were looking for opportunities to not just give back, but provide support in a way that could facilitate an even stronger industry post-pandemic,” said Cvent CMO, Patrick Smith. “In times like these, it’s critical that we all find ways to lift each other up, support our communities, and work towards a brighter future, and we’re committed to doing exactly that. We’re extremely proud to offer our industry-leading certifications and learning opportunities to all meeting, event, and hospitality professionals at no cost to them. Our goal is to train and certify tens of thousands of industry professionals, giving them the tools and skills they need to more quickly bounce back once things start to go back to normal – boosting not only their confidence and careers, but also the industry at-large.”
The complimentary certification and training program offers:
- Hundreds of virtual live and pre-recorded training sessions that deep dive into the Cvent platform, giving attendees the flexibility to learn at their own pace.
- Free Cvent Certifications which provide industry professionals the unique opportunity to enhance their technology skills and expand their Cvent expertise to accelerate their careers. In addition to offering the Cvent Certification exams, the company offers live virtual certification preparation sessions hosted by Cvent experts and provide complimentary access to the Cvent event management platform during the exam period. The certifications offered include:
- For marketers and event planners
- Event Management Certification
- Event Management Advanced Certification
- Mobile Event App Certification
- Venue Sourcing Certification
- Virtual Events (training course starting July 8th, certification to follow)
- Coming soon: Certifications for Hybrid Events, Event Marketing, and for Social Tables – Cvent’s event diagramming and seating tool
- For hoteliers and destinations
- Cvent Supplier Network Certification
- Coming soon: Cvent Event Diagramming Certification
- For marketers and event planners
Cvent is offering its certifications and training programs for free through August 31st.
Cvent Certifications and training have helped industry professionals around the world expand their skillset and elevate their careers:
- “The training and certification course have been very beneficial and helpful to give us a perspective from the planner’s side with lots of insights that had been helpful to make our RFPs standout compared to other hotels. I’ve also recommended a few of my colleagues to join this certification as it is always good to have certification up on your sleeves and that lead catchers can work more effectively on the RFPs responses. Once again, I appreciate sharing this certification course during this time and the initiatives taken by Cvent to educate the suppliers on how we can create a winning RFPs and convert more leads!” - Joo Wong, Director of Business Development, Futian Shangri-La Hotel, Shenzhen
- "I see a tremendous benefit in becoming certified. It provides you with credibility with your current employer, colleagues, and potential future jobs. For me, internally, it's been a great way for me to talk about Cvent confidently and I've become the 'in-house expert'. Because I'm a certified user, I am able to train my colleagues on the software and frequently answer their questions. It is well worth the investment to become Cvent certified." – Mikaela Gibson, CMP
Cvent is a leading meetings, events, and hospitality technology provider with nearly 4,000 employees, 30,000 customers, and 300,000 users worldwide. Founded in 1999, the company delivers the most comprehensive event marketing and management platform and offers a global marketplace where event professionals collaborate with venues to create unmatched experiences. Cvent is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, just outside of Washington D.C., and has additional offices in London, Frankfurt, Dubai, Melbourne, New Delhi, and Singapore among others, to support its growing global customer base. The comprehensive Cvent event marketing and management platform offers software solutions to event organizers and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event marketing and management, onsite solutions, and attendee engagement. Cvent’s suite of products automate and simplify the entire event management process and maximize the impact of in-person, virtual, and hybrid events. Hotels and venues use Cvent’s supplier and venue solutions to win more group and corporate travel business through Cvent’s sourcing platforms and to service their customers directly, efficiently and profitably – helping them grow and own their business. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage millions of meetings and events. For more information, please visit Cvent.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.