Accor, a world-leading augmented hospitality group, is pioneering a new guest safety initiative that redefines the hospitality experience in the Middle East and Africa during these unprecedented times.
The ground-breaking "ALL Safe Officer" program is seeing every hotel appoint a health and safety officer who not only ensures cleaning and hygiene protocols are implemented to the highest standards, but is available to handle guests questions and concerns.
These specially trained officers are the face of Accor’s new ALL Safe Accor Program – a set of rigorous measures designed to protect and reassure guests that are being implemented at its 300 properties region-wide.
Recognizing that consumer priorities have drastically shifted following the global COVID-19 pandemic, program highlights include tailormade operating protocols, cleaning products technology and team members training developed in partnership with hygiene solutions specialist Bureau Veritas.
The initiative is bolstered by Accor’s strategic partnership with global insurance giant AXA which, as of July 2020, will be providing guests at its 5,000 properties worldwide with free medical support that includes consultations with medical professionals by phone or in the location where they are staying.
“The safety and wellbeing of our guests is always our priority at Accor and we regularly review and enhance our procedures and services to adapt to new circumstances or as improved technology becomes available,” said Mark Willis, CEO, Accor Middle East and Africa.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has forced us all to change the way we live, work and stay and as the largest hotel group in the Middle East and Africa, we are taking the lead in reinventing the hospitality experience, introducing dedicated ‘ALL Safe Officers’ and a rigorous program of transparent measures that give guests peace of mind and put their health first, which is what they now value most.”
Accor’s ALL Safe Accor Program is all-encompassing, with procedures responding to new consumer behaviors and expectations. Priorities include:
Hygiene and cleanliness
- The appointment of specially trained ‘ALL Safe Officers’ to oversee all cleaning-related hotel operations, preventative measures and to handle guest enquiries
- Guest gloves provided (and masks if guests arrive without an appropriate face cover), plus hydro alcoholic gel and wipes
- Guests to deposit room key in box on departure for disinfection
- In-room amenities provided on request
Care and reassurance
- Free health support with AXA, starting from July 2020: including access to medical professionals and consultations by phone or in the location where guests are staying with Accor
- Temperature control: guests will have their temperature taken at the hotel entrance if legally required
- A dedicated hotline to help guests prepare for their stay and to answer questions or address concerns
- 2-meter rule in all public areas and restaurants
- 2-meter rule in hotel meeting spaces
- One person or family in an elevator at one time
- Appropriate spacing in pool areas and on beaches
Seamless and contactless services
- Assisted self-check in service
- Online check in and check out service for bookings made through all.accor.com
- Online payments (subject to local legislation)
- Use of WhatsApp communication tool
- Virtual restaurant and in-room menus
- New innovative dining solutions, including bento box takeaways for meetings, in-room dining at no extra cost and individually wrapped food packages for meetings delegates
All guests visiting or staying at Accor properties in the Middle East and Africa will only be granted access if they are wearing a proper face mask and gloves (provided by the hotel).
The group is also working closely with local authorities in each market where it operates to ensure the strictest compliance with policies and guidelines issued to protect guest health and safety during the ongoing pandemic.
Accor is a world-leading augmented hospitality group offering unique experiences in 4,900 hotels and residences across 110 countries. The Group has been acquiring hospitality expertise for more than 50 years, resulting in an unrivalled portfolio of brands, from luxury to economy, supported by one of the most attractive loyalty programs in the world.
Beyond accommodation, Accor enables new ways to live, work, and play, by blending food and beverage with nightlife, wellbeing, and co-working. It also offers digital solutions that maximize distribution, optimize hotel operations and enhance the customer experience.
Accor is deeply committed to sustainable value creation and plays an active role in giving back to planet and community via its Planet 21 – Acting Here program and the Accor Solidarity endowment fund, which gives disadvantaged groups access to employment through professional training.
Accor SA is publicly listed on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN code: FR0000120404) and on the OTC Market (Ticker: ACRFY) in the United States. For more information visit accor.com. Or become a fan and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.