Strategic Meetings Management sounds great in theory, but many organizations still struggle to understand what exactly it is and how to implement it. In this webinar, we will debunk the myth that SMM is intangibly complex by breaking it down into bite-sized pieces that companies of any size can easily understand and adopt. Learn best practices and tried and true approaches as directed by Julie Haddix, Cvent SMM guru.
What to listen for:
- Strategic Meetings Management aka SMM is about bringing a consistent and standardized approach to meetings and events.
- Companies standardize everything – even how to buy a pen – why not standardize the process for planning events?
- Cost control and standardized processes? Sign me up!
- Don’t be overwhelmed, start small with phases and grow.
- Know what’s going on at all times.
- Risk is everywhere. Do your best to mitigate it.
- Don’t you want to save 20-30% of your time when planning?
- To get started:
- Create an approval process
- Outline your preferred suppliers
- Look for a champion!
- Events drive brand. If you have an inconsistent brand, you aren’t capitalizing on brand loyalty.
- Don’t be scared! SMM is simple. Bring best practices to your organization.
Who is Julie Haddix?
Julie Haddix is the Director, Enterprise Marketing for Cvent. She has worked for Cvent for 12 years helping to build the company’s Enterprise sales and marketing divisions, including its approach to Strategic Meetings Management. Julie has also been a part of the planning team for Cvent CONNECT, overseeing the event marketing and content development efforts. In her current role, Julie is working within the product marketing organization to bring Cvent's newest products and key messages to market. Julie is a graduate of the McIntire School of Commerce at the University of Virginia. She lives in Westchester County, NY with her husband and son and enjoys running, biking, and swimming in her "free" time.
Resources Mentioned in the Podcast
Strategic Meetings Management for Dummies
This book reflects the wisdom of experts in the field of Strategic Meetings Management, eager to share with you their knowledge of SMM and enthusiasm for what it can do for your organization.
Meetings Starter Kit
The Cvent Starter Kit provides you with the documentation, key data points, and supporting material to gain executive buy-in for a meetings management program and how to get started. Download the full kit today to get your program started.
Looking for your next big escape and an event to end your year strong?