Welcome to 2020! With a new year comes new releases for the Cvent products you use every day. We wanted to take a moment and share some of the latest Event Management and CrowdCompass release news with you, to ensure you’re staying on top of the latest.
Like reading about Cvent product updates? Catch up anytime with weekly release notes, invites to product update webinars, and product spotlight posts on the Product News page of the Cvent Community
New Standard Registration (Flex)
The new event type has reimagined the way you think about registration – from rearranging pages so that they’re in the most logical order for your invitees to automatically providing a responsive registration experience across devices to designing your site without the need for any coding experience.
Haven’t started using Flex yet? Listen to Jennifer Wenger at NEIL share her journey to Flex and why her team is happy they’ve fully made the switch.
Flex is constantly releasing new features, enabling more users to build their events on the new platform. In case you missed it, here are some of the top recent feature releases:
- Registration progress bar
- Fees widget
- Staff list
- Google Analytics
- Auto-apply & filter discount codes
- Website passcode
- Add registrants to a contact group
- Session waitlist
- Concurrent editing banner for site designer & email designer
- Weblink-only pages
View the Flex Features page for the current list of released features and upcoming release timelines, edited in real-time.
Evolved Home Screen
The Dynamic Event Guide is constantly improving to meet the needs of event planners and their attendees. This new home screen option has had a few recent enhancements, including:
- All-new Survey card. Sharing feedback has never been easier for attendees now that surveys are featured prominently on the home screen.
- Gallery View for Featured Speakers. This new option allows you to feature up to 16 speakers within your Featured Speakers card.
- Localization. The Dynamic Event Guide is fully translated for all languages supported by CrowdCompass, making it fully accessible to more events.
- Improvements to Featured Sessions. It’s now easier for attendees to view upcoming sessions right within the Featured Sessions card.
- Single-Agenda Event App View. The perfect configuration for events whose attendees all have the same agenda. A new ‘Enable Schedule Only’ setting in EventCenter hides the ‘My Schedule’ option and displays all sessions on the main schedule.
- Optional Event Banners: Banners on the home screen are now optional, giving you the freedom to choose when a banner is right for your event.
CCPA Compliance Updates
If you haven’t heard yet, California is adopting data privacy laws similar to GDPR in Europe. The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is granting California residents new rights regarding their personal information. Read more about CCPA.
In the EventCenter, you can enable “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” to link to your organization’s “Do Not Sell” opt-out form. Attendees will see the link anywhere personal information is collected, such as during login or profile editing. California residents can conveniently tap the link at any time.
CrowdCompass isn't the only Cvent product that's jumped on the CCPA-compliant bandwagon. We also have Knowledge Base help articles for Event and OnArrival that provide every step you'll need to enable the proper fields and links. For CCPA assistance on any other Cvent products, search the Knowledge Base or contact our Customer Care team.
Like reading about Cvent product updates? Catch up anytime with weekly release notes, invites to product update webinars, and product spotlight posts on the Product News page of the Cvent Community.