Cvent Product Insider
Volume 6 | July 15, 2021
PRODUCT RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS
- Redesigned the Attendee Website navigation: We've added a new navigation bar to the Attendee Website that groups similar pages together and makes it easier for attendees to discover content. The main color for your Attendee Hub theme will appear as the navigation bar's background color, and the navigation bar's height will dynamically adjust based on the size of the logo you've uploaded.
- Custom Cards in Attendee Website: Add custom content to your event by creating custom URL and/or Video cards before, during or after the event on the home screen.
- Custom Pages: Further customize your attendee experience by creating and curating custom content to fit your unique event needs. Add custom pages to your Attendee Website and Event App to provide attendees with resources like FAQs, Wi-Fi, and other general information
- Attendee Hub releases coming soon: Attendee List Filters, 1:1 Video Conferencing for sponsors, 1:1 Messaging between attendees, and the ability to auto-approve questions for live Q&A
- For a full list of features recently added to the Attendee Hub, check out What’s new in the Attendee Hub.
EVENT REGISTRATION (FLEX)
- Ability to Create a Hybrid Event: In you event, under Event Format, the Hybrid option allows you to create a Hybrid Event. Using hybrid registration, you can designate virtual registration types and simultaneously enforce event, admission item, and session capacities for both in-person and virtual attendees.
- Virtual Registration Types: In a Hybrid Event, there are now two options of Registration Types--Virtual Registration Types, and In-Person Registration Types. Attendees who register for virtual registration types will count toward your event's virtual capacity, while attendees who register for non-virtual registration types will count toward your event's in-person capacity.
- Virtual Capacities: Virtual Capacities: Virtual Capacities are the counterpart to the existing In-Person Capacities. Present at the Event, Admission Item, and Session Level. Virtual Capacities allow you to determine how many people with a Virtual Registration Type can register for each of those products.
- Event Reg (Flex) releases coming soon: Deem Integration, Tracks (Session Bundles), Membership Items, Ability of define a minimum number of guests
- Multi-language Functionality: You can now enable other languages within Access Portal and supply alternate text values for these languages.
- Custom Emails: You can now create your own Access Portal emails, with manual, scheduled, or recurring options.
IMPORTANT DATES & REMINDERS
- August 1-4 - Join us for our first hybrid Cvent CONNECT -- either virtually or in person. Also, watch our Behind the Scenes webinar to learn how we put our event together. Learn how hybrid impacts your content, education sessions, and keynotes and we'll share best practices we’ve learned along the way! Watch Now
- September 30 - Sign up for free product certifications ~ back for a limited time. Sign up for any certification by Sept 30 and you’ll have 60 days to take the test. Register today
HOW TO KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST PRODUCT UPDATES?
- Sign up for Product News alerts. Every Thursday, we compile product releases from the previous week and share them in the Cvent Community. You can even subscribe to get these sent right to your inbox each week.
- Cvent Notification Center news. For bigger releases we want to put extra spotlight on, we’ll be adding a card here in the Notification Center. You’ll only see release highlights for products or solutions you’re currently using. Typically, there will be a link you can click on to read more about this release.
- Quarterly Product Update (QPU) webinar. Make ensure you're staying up-to-date with the latest product innovations by saving the date and joining each QPU. Listen to individual pre-recorded product update sessions on-demand during the day and then dial in from 3-4 ET to participate in our live Q&A to get your questions answered!
EXPERT TIPS & TOOLS
Did you know....you can track attendee behavior during your entire event with Engagement Scoring. See who interacts with what and where in order to optimize future events.
- Tip of the Week: All things Engagement Scoring
- How to Use Engagement Scoring to Track the Attendee Journey
In case you missed previous months: