JW Marriott Istanbul Bosphorus, part of Marriott International is located in the city’s bohemian Karaköy district. The opening marks the debut of Marriott International’s iconic JW Marriott brand in Istanbul. Globally renowned as one of the world’s most culturally rich cities, the hotel is in a 180-year-old building that retains its original Italian architecture whilst offering elegant and contemporary design. Offering an insight into JW Marriott’s philosophy of mindfulness in travel, the property steps back into a time gone by - with thoughtful cultural programming and diverse culinary experiences set against uninterrupted views of the historic Bosphorus.
Your Comfortable Abode in Istanbul
Located in Karaköy, a chic neighbourhood with a timeless past and an eclectic future, JW Marriott Istanbul Bosphorus offers an old-world sense of place that reflects the ethos of its modern, bohemian surroundings. Entrepreneurial in spirit with a bohemian flair, Karaköy is home to an array of independent boutiques, cafés, cocktail bars and artisanal markets and the hotel enjoys an unrivalled location. The 130 guestrooms and suites provide guests with a nourishing sense of wellbeing through the neutral, soothing colour palette offset by vibrant local textiles and furnishings which draw inspiration from nature. Residents seeking an unparalleled level of comfort and relaxation will find the property’s Royal Griffin Suite equipped with a jacuzzi at the spacious terrace and a private steam room.
“Istanbul is one of the world’s most culturally-inclusive cities, and the new JW Marriott Istanbul Bosphorus will encourage our guests to embrace the present and savour life to the fullest,” said Mitzi Gaskins, Vice President & Global Brand Leader, JW Marriott. “With a focus on holistic well-being and enriching, thoughtfully-curated experiences, this exceptional property offers a traditional sense of place in Istanbul, in a mindful and nourishing environment.”
MICE Space and Other Hotel Facilities
Two fully equipped conference spaces, spanning 135 square metres combined, are well-placed for truly seamless meetings, while the hotel’s remarkable poolside rooftop – with one of the city’s most extraordinary panoramas – can play host to truly unforgettable private events between the months of April and November.
Guests can escape into a world of holistic well-being at the hotel’s signature Spa at JW Istanbul, a serene sanctuary that nurtures mind, body and spirit. Taking inspiration from nature, a calming design aesthetic threads through each of the treatment rooms, where mindful and soothing spa therapy is performed by a team of world-class consultants. The relaxation lounge is complemented by two traditional Turkish hammams for men and women. Those looking to begin a fitness journey or supplement an existing regime can train in the hotel’s state-of-the-art fitness studio, open 24/7 for hotel guests and local members, and kitted out with the latest Technogym equipment.
Reflecting the inimitable diversity of the city, the JW Marriott Istanbul Bosphorus is set to redefine the local dining scene with eight distinctive gastronomic concepts all under one roof, each delivering authenticity and flavour.
- Boasting an outdoor terrace with spectacular views over Istanbul’s iconic Hagia Sophia mosque, picturesque old town and Bosphorus, Octo is a fine-dining seafood restaurant with an Ottoman-influenced mezze culture that’s poised to become the city’s most coveted reservation.
- Making a bold statement in a buzzy neighbourhood, Skull & Bones is a lively hangout where the city’s most progressive cocktail connoisseurs and mixologists converge over tapas.
- With an unparalleled 360º view that takes in both the Bosphorus and the Galata in one stunning sweep, Sky Karaköy is set to become Istanbul’s most immersive vantage point. As the area’s only poolside rooftop bar, it offers a sophisticated backdrop for mellow afternoons and upbeat nights.
- The hotel’s Wine Cellar is the first of its kind in Istanbul, presenting guests with a full-sized humidor and selection of exceptional vintages in a brick-lined, atmospheric space for truly exclusive events.
- Istanbul Baking Company is a third wave coffee shop that provides wholesome and organic-quality baked goods and coffee in a positive, creative and community-friendly environment.
- Whimsy combines fine dining with brand-new, extravagant 3D art and sound, that fills up the whole room and makes you forget the world around you. The first of its kind multi-sensory fine dining experience: See, hear, smell, feel & taste Whimsy, a fusion of dining and entertainment.
- With its refined interior design, the Tea Lounge is the perfect place to sip high-quality tea or Turkish coffee, while taking in centuries worth of history and art in the property’s spectacular 35-metre-high atrium. Whether it’s over teas from across the globe or local Turkish snacks, guests are invited to relax with friends or conduct business meetings in a stylish, light-filled setting.
To know more about the MICE offerings of JW Marriott Istanbul Bosphorus, visit its profile on Cvent Supplier Network.