Planning regional, national or international meetings and events is a complex job with lots of moving parts. Most meeting planners would agree that working with a top notch convention and visitors bureau can have a big impact on the success of an event. A meeting planner’s first call when considering a convention destination should be the CVB. Here are just a few of the many reasons why:
- The CVB is your personal team of destination experts. The CVB staff is an extension of the region. They know the ins and outs of the area and can best match your needs and budget with their destination’s resources. They’re up on the latest news and developments. It’s their job to be informed and keep their clients informed. They are a wealth of information and creative ideas at your service and help to make the meeting planning process easy and efficient as possible.
- The CVB has industry partners and contacts. The best CVBs have a strong membership base of hotels, convention centers, meeting venues, attractions, restaurants and other facilities. They coordinate RFPs for groups both large and small to help locate meeting space, check availability and arrange for site visits. They also have working relationships with other important groups like city government, potential speakers, local media and civic supporters.
- The CVB bridges the gap between vendors and meeting planners. From audio visual services to transportation providers, the CVB works with planners to connect them with the very best vendors for their event.
- The CVB provides promotional resources. The best CVBs offer polished, professionally developed promotional materials, including visitors guides, destination videos and B-roll, photos and images to help create excitement about the destination and ultimately boost attendance.
- Best of all, their services are free. CVBs don’t charge meeting planners for their services. So the real question is, why wouldn’t you use a CVB?