Costa Rica is an excellent destination for planning meetings and incentives. We offer an array of tourist attractions, a defining principle, and a fresh proposal marked by creativity and professionalism. This well-developed proposal has led to numerous testimonials and references that reflect excellent results from previous events in our country. Here are eight reasons you should choose Costa Rica for your next meeting or incentive.
1. Accessibility. Costa Rica is located in Central America, south of Nicaragua and north of Panama. It has two international airports: Juan Santamaria in the Central Valley and Daniel Oduber Quirós in Guanacaste. The country is easily accessible from the main cities in Latin America, North America, and Europe. Twenty-nine airlines offer more than 500 flights weekly. Additionally, Costa Rica has numerous daily flights that connect Juan Santamaria airport in San Jose with Tocumén airport, the hub of the Americas, in Panama City.
2. Strategic Location. Costa Rica is situated in the tropical region of Central America between the two American continents. This creates a variable and highly pleasant climate year-round, with temperatures ranging from 70 to 80 degrees F (21-26ºC).
3. Excellent Infrastructure. Costa Rica offers 6,900 sleeping rooms and theater space for up to 800 people in Guanacaste; 2,200 rooms and event venues with a maximum capacity of 340 in the Central Pacific region; and 8,300 rooms and meeting space for up to 3,000 at the Costa Rica Convention Center in the Central Valley.
4. Well-Being and Quality. Following an evaluation of the country’s public sanitation system, we ranked seventh in the world for quality and first in Latin America and Central America.
5. Experience. Costa Rica sets the bar on an international level as a destination for organizing meetings and incentives.
6. High Educational Level. The country’s educational system has developed an excellent digital emphasis, with 90% of schools and institutes currently offering some type of connection and access to digital technology. About 44% of the population has studied in higher education.
7. Sustainable by Nature. Costa Rica is one of the world’s leaders in clean energy production that is free of fossil fuels. During 99% of the year, the country operates on “green electricity.” Taxes from the sale of fossil fuels, meanwhile, help protect forests, and 25% of the national territory is protected. It's also the happiest and most sustainable country on the planet, according to the Happy Planet Index in 2009, 2012, 2015, and 2016. There are also plans to go even further, with the goal of being carbon-neutral by 2021.
8. Diversity of Attractions and Activities. The country’s geographical diversity ranges from chains of mountains and active volcanoes to marvelous beaches bathed by the Pacific and Caribbean. This incredible geography generates a large number of microclimates and makes Costa Rica the ideal place for your meeting or incentive.