Smart meeting planners looking for a clever new venue in the Mid-Atlantic are already studying The Hotel at The University of Maryland. Currently under construction at the University’s main campus in College Park is just minutes away from Washington, DC and set to open next summer.
University leadership has set its sights on College Park becoming a Top 20 college town in the U.S. by 2020, and they’ve called The Hotel “a catalyst of change” that’s leading the way toward achieving that goal. Along with plenty of guest rooms and meeting space, The Hotel will bring an array of new dining options and a full-service spa to town.
You learn more when you’re having fun, so test your knowledge with this quick quiz about The Hotel. (Pssst. There’s no pressure. We’re giving you all the correct answers so you can graduate with honors.)
- The Hotel at The Unversity of Maryland offers __________ square feet of meeting space.
- 43,000 (Choose this one!)
- The 10-story hotel features nearly _______ luxury guest rooms, including 29 suites.
- 300 (This is your answer!)
- The Hotel is located _______ miles from our nation’s capital.
- 10 (Amazing but true!)
- There are _____ meeting rooms within the hotel.
- 18 (It’s a fact!)
- The Hotel’s largest ballroom can accommodate ______ guests.
- 1,500 (Hey … pick this one!)
TRUE OR FALSE
- Due to its proximity to campus, The Hotel will be available exclusively to faculty, staff and students at the University of Maryland.
FALSE: The Hotel is open to everyone. Though, of course, it will be the ideal overnight venue for University speakers and special guests, parents, prospective students, and alumni, The Hotel at The University of Maryland looks forward to welcoming an array of business and leisure travelers coming to Maryland’s “Capital Region.”
- It’s easy to get to The Hotel.
TRUE: The Hotel is easily accessible from spots along the Mid-Atlantic, and it’s serviced by three different airports – BWI International Thurgood Marshall, Reagan National and Dulles International – which are between 17 and 36 miles from the property. The Hotel is also just one mile away from the College Park Metro station, which connects passengers to points throughout Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia. A free shuttle will take guests to the station.
- Guests can choose from four different dining options within The Hotel, plus there’s a separate kitchen for all catering needs.
TRUE: The Hotel at The University of Maryland is proud to partner with local restaurateurs to introduce guests to The Old Maryland Grill, Kapnos Taverna by Mike Isabella, Potomac Pizza, and Bagels ‘n Grinds. Each restaurant is accessible from the sidewalk, meaning that they’re all open to everyone, not just hotel guests. The Lobby Bar is also sure to be a popular meeting spot.
- It’s all about business at The Hotel.
FALSE: Though The Hotel boasts state-of-the-art meeting facilities, it’s also an ideal place for social functions – from weddings to commencement celebrations, from holiday parties to award ceremonies. There’s also an Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa on the property’s fourth floor, which offers a great way to relax in preparation for or after a big day of business … or pleasure.
- The Hotel’s rooftop event space, which affords amazing views of the University and the surrounding area, is specifically reserved for weddings.
FALSE: Sure, The Hotel’s highest point would be the perfect venue for a wedding reception, but it’s also available for any group looking for a special site for a memorable event.
There you have it! You’ve learned all about The Hotel at The University of Maryland, which offers a higher degree of meeting experience than any other venue in the region. Class dismissed!