Today's post is geared towards entrepreneurs who are launching a new product or service in the consumer space. It will show you key questions you can ask potential customers to determine if your business idea is feasible. Below are 20 market research questions to consider for your consumer market research survey:
- What is your age?
- What is your gender?
- What is your household size?
- What is your household income?
- What is your profession?
- What is your education level?
- Where do you live?
- You may want to ask about their interests, hobbies, opinions or anything else that will help you learn more about your customers.
Buying Pattern Questions
- Do you ever purchase _______?
- If so, who in your household makes the buying decision?
- Where do you go when you are looking for _______?
- How often do you purchase _______?
- How long does it take you to make a buying decision?
- What is your typical budget for _______?
- How far would you travel to make the purchase?
- What features do you look for when you purchase _______?
- What specific benefits do you look for in _______?
- What problems motivate you to purchase _______?
- What needs are you trying to meet when you purchase _______?
- How do you hope _______will make your life better?
These questions can provide a jumping point for your consumer market research efforts.