Cvent Continues Strong Growth, Expands Team, and Opens New International Offices
Tysons Corner, VA and Las Vegas - Cvent, Inc., the market leader in cloud-based meetings, events, and travel technology, today announced strong company growth that includes an intention to hire 200 employees by the end of 2017, and a new office expansion strategy to fuel its continued customer growth.
“At Cvent we have a strong track record of delivering strong year-over-year growth in the huge and largely untapped market for meetings, events, and travel technology. 2017 has continued to propel growth, as we have expanded the platform to now include Cvent Passkey and Business Transient solutions. We also have announced new innovations in our Event Cloud with the new Cvent Flex, and on our Hospitality Cloud with the new Cvent Supplier Network and Business Intelligence,” said Reggie Aggarwal, founder and CEO of Cvent. “Recruiting talent has always been a priority for Cvent, and as an entrepreneur and CEO, I’m incredibly passionate about job creation. This year, we are looking to hire more than 200 people around the world to meet our increased growth, and we’ve opened new offices in APAC in order to meet the demand in that region.”
Specific growth highlights include:
- Strengthening the platform and technology: Cvent is expanding its platform to offer a full spectrum of meetings, events, and travel solutions. Most notable are the integrations of the Passkey and Business Transient solutions into the Cvent platform, which open up new ways for planners to interact with hoteliers while providing hotels with new, highly-targeted marketing channels designed to increase revenue per available room (REVPAR). Other notable product innovations include:
- The introduction of Cvent Flex, a brand new portal designed to streamline the process of registration website creation,
- The redesign of the Cvent Supplier Network (link to release), and
- The launch of a new Business Intelligence Platform for the Hospitality Cloud.
- Investing in people: Cvent has been actively hiring a wide range of technology, customer support, and operational positions. The company employs more than 2,600 people and expects to hire 200 more people globally by the end of 2017, with more than half of the positions in the U.S.
- Increasing international presence: Cvent has opened additional international offices and expanded its presence in existing markets outside of the U.S. to support a growing global client base. The company now operates 12 offices worldwide across four continents. Most recently, Cvent opened new offices in Singapore and Melbourne Australia, to provide deeper regional support to the Asia-Pacific market.
- Adding new customers. Cvent is adding new customers to the platform and there is strong growth in both the Event and Hospitality Clouds. So far in 2017, the Event Cloud has signed more than 775 new customers, including many enterprise clients in the Fortune 500, and the Hospitality Cloud has added more than 1,050 new customers, including many luxury brands around the world.
“We see that there is a huge opportunity for us to continue leading the industry in innovation for both the buyers and suppliers of the meetings and events industry. Each day more planners and hotels are discovering Cvent, while an increasing number of current customers are leveraging additional elements of the Cvent platform to increase event ROI and group business profitability,” continued Aggarwal.
About Cvent, Inc.
Cvent, Inc. is a leading meetings, events, and hospitality management technology provider with more than 3,200 employees, 25,000 customers, and 300,000 users worldwide. The Cvent Event Cloud offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, and attendee engagement. Cvent’s suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. The Cvent Hospitality Cloud partners with hotels and venues to help them drive group and corporate travel business. Hotels use the Cvent Hospitality Cloud’s digital marketing tools and software solutions to win business through Cvent’s sourcing platforms and to service their customers directly, efficiently and profitably – helping them grow and own their business. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. For more information, please visit Cvent.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.