Cvent Unveils New Features to Help Companies Go Global with Strategic Meetings Management Programs
Enhancements Enable Clients to Drive Global Adoption, Centralize Processes Across Borders and Mitigate Risk
September 22, 2011 – NEW YORK and MCLEAN, VA – Cvent, the world's largest cloud-based software provider of meeting and event management, venue selection and web survey solutions, today announced the addition of new globalization features to its Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) technology. With these new features, meeting managers will have the flexible, adaptable technology they need to effectively manage meetings and events across borders and meet the demands of a diverse global marketplace.
“We've listened closely to the market to pinpoint the challenges meetings managers face when it comes to globalizing their SMM programs. From gaining buy-in for policies and processes to bridging business requirements and cultural divides, we know that creating a truly global SMM program can be daunting,” said Anil Punyapu, Cvent's Vice President of Enterprise Sales and Partnerships. “Our latest enhancements will help clients tackle these challenges, tailor meetings programs per local requirements around the world and ultimately boost global adoption.”
With a wide variety of language and currency options, Cvent's SMM solution standardizes meetings and events on one system and allows for maximum flexibility across departments, countries and regions.
Specifically, Cvent's new SMM globalization features allow meeting managers to:
- Set a default account currency to consistently roll-up financial data while allowing users to work in their own local currency when drafting Requests for Proposal (RFPs), attendee registration sites, and event budgets;
- Boost online registration by building one event registration site in multiple languages, enabling meeting attendees to register and receive communications in their native languages;
- Capture attendee travel details, regardless of the booking system used or country of origin, through additional integrations with all major Global Distribution Systems (GDS);
- Run reports on meeting activities as well as spend by country and region for detailed analysis and analytics on their organization's global meeting program; and
- Search detailed profiles of and send RFPs to more than 150,000 meeting venues based on regional criteria through the Cvent Supplier Network, the world's largest and most accurate meeting supplier marketplace.
“Technology is an important component of the strategic meetings management solutions that CWT provides to clients,” said Shauna Whitehead, Project Manager, Carlson Wagonlit Travel Meetings & Events Asia Pacific. “The deployment of Cvent's SMM technology across Asia Pacific allows us to accommodate the unique meeting processes of six different countries all on one platform and with consistency at the global level. This makes it easier for CWT Meetings & Events to source global venues, track and manage meetings, provide secure data and reports, create transparency across meeting activity and spend, enhance policy compliance and recognize savings.”
More information on Cvent's Strategic Meetings Management solution and new global features is available at the Cvent booth #1289 at the GBTA Convention and Expo.
About Cvent, Inc.
Cvent, Inc. is a leading meetings, events, and hospitality management technology provider with more than 3,500 employees, 25,000 customers, and 300,000 users worldwide. The Cvent Event Cloud offers software solutions to event planners and marketers for online event registration, venue selection, event management and marketing, onsite solutions, and attendee engagement. Cvent’s suite of products automate and simplify the planning process to maximize the impact of events. The Cvent Hospitality Cloud partners with hotels and venues to help them drive group and corporate travel business. Hotels use the Cvent Hospitality Cloud’s digital marketing tools and software solutions to win business through Cvent’s sourcing platforms and to service their customers directly, efficiently and profitably – helping them grow and own their business. Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage hundreds of thousands of meetings and events. For more information, please visit Cvent.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.