Since re-opening in July, Atlanta’s Cobb Galleria Centre has welcomed back clients and guests with safety as its No. 1 priority. Since the state of Georgia opened for meetings, conventions and trade shows, the Centre’s team has regularly consulted with governmental agencies, medical experts and industry colleagues to prioritize the health and safety of attendees, exhibitors, business partners, and staff.
“We are committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness throughout our facility by updating or enhancing our cleaning and safety protocols to help ensure the safety and well-being of everyone who walks through our doors,” said Michele Swann, General Manager and CEO. Central to this commitment is a staff member who is certified in infection mitigation to oversee the program and ensure adherence to these protocols.
Located in northwest Atlanta just steps from the Atlanta Braves ballpark and The Battery Atlanta, Cobb Galleria Centre is Atlanta’s most walkable destination. The facility boasts a variety of venue options, including a 144,000-square-foot exhibit hall, 25,000-square-foot ballroom, a 5,500-square-foot special event space, 20 meeting rooms, and 4 executive board rooms.
Cobb Galleria Centre has successfully hosted trade shows, consumer shows, meetings, and graduations since reopening. Event safety guidelines prioritize the following areas:
- Employee hygiene and wellness. Employees are thoroughly trained, and precautions include health screenings, face masks, gloves, frequent hand washing and staying home when sick.
- Cleanliness. Hand sanitizing stations are located in common areas, and all frequently touched locations, surfaces and equipment are regularly disinfected.
- Ventilation. HVAC systems are maintained to facilitate ventilation and reduce re-circulated air.
- Physical distancing. Signage, floor tape and reduced capacities establish and manage distancing among attendees and employees.
- Event planner and contractor guidelines. Requirements for health, safety and physical distancing inside of leased spaces include staggered ingress and egress.
- Food and beverage. New practices include reimagined buffets, pre-packaged menu options, physical distancing and cleanliness procedures.
- Audiovisual. Enhanced cleanliness, disinfecting and physical distancing procedures.
- Parking. Cashless payments only; attendants will wear face masks and gloves.
To learn more about planning your next meeting at Cobb Galleria Centre and to read the full Safety First Guidelines, visit cobbgalleria.com/reopening.