It's no secret that the planner-venue relationship is vital to the success of a property's meetings and events program. It's the secret sauce; the behind-the-scenes work that makes everything fall into place. But it goes well beyond simply working together on an event-by-event basis. A true planner-venue relationship is one that evolves over time and facilitates meaningful conversation and proactive problem-solving.
Take Westin Tampa Bay as an example. The property has worked tirelessly over the years to create planner partnerships that grow and flourish — even through a pandemic. They now have a new award to add to their portfolio, as their thorough and timely responses, combined with their focus on relationships, helped them win a Cvent Excellence Award — The Planner's Choice, which was presented on stage during Cvent CONNECT 2022 in Las Vegas.
As a group of planners recently shared, Westin Tampa Bay:
- Is so quick to respond, their proposals make so much sense, and they always go the extra mile.
- They’ve been a partner and mentor to the industry for over 25 years.
- When the pandemic hit, instead of giving up on groups and meetings, Westin Tampa bay’s team became more relentless with every Cvent tool available.
- They are problem solvers, and master clever collaborators for all their clients, team, and the industry.
The annual Excellence Awards recognize the top achievers across the hospitality industry, showcasing the accomplishments of industry leaders as they propel growth and inspire the future with innovative solutions. Nominees for The Planner's Choice are submitted by event professionals for organizations that have proven experience in building partnerships and have demonstrated the effective use of technology to save time, create custom solutions, and provide critical flexibility.
How Cvent can help foster planner-venue relationships
The importance of planner-venue collaboration is front and center in many of the solutions, products, and features offered by Cvent, including, but not limited to:
- CSN Advertising: Thousands of planners source their meetings through the Cvent Supplier Network, and with CSN Advertising, venues can put their message in front of them as they decide who will receive their RFP.
- CSN Productivity Tools: Helps suppliers streamline and automate RFP processes and responses.
- Cvent Event Diagramming: Helps hotels work with event professions to market, sell, and execute successful events.
- CSN Business Intelligence: Helps venues track shifts in demand, analyze RFP responses and compare bid rates, forecast surges in demand, leverage planner data to prospect and fill cancellations, and much more.