State of Business Events
Over the last two-and-a-half years, Skift Meetings has regularly gathered data on the state of the industry. The data they collected is not just fascinating; it gives us valuable information about where to invest our resources. Understanding current trends and connecting the dots is helpful in adapting event products to new industry realities.
This report gives us 5 trends to watch in 2023:
- Event teams are being stretched thin
- Remote workforces have lessened in-person demand
- Location sourcing is limited to no-flight or direct-flight destinations
- Event professionals see virtual events as a backup
- The industry is failing on the sustainability front