At some point throughout the year, you need to reach out to your stakeholders to increase your organizations’ understanding of their opinions, knowledge and attitudes in order to optimize success.
“A survey is the natural way to go about this, but while the survey concept is straightforward, effective execution requires a bit of finesse,” according to a recent Business Insider article, 5 Keys to Simple, Effective Feedback Surveys.
Regardless of who your stakeholders are, everyone creating a survey probably asks the same question, “How do you create simple, effective surveys that stakeholders don’t ignore, delete, or wish they could set on fire?”
Here are a few tips that Scott Maxwell, Sr. Managing Director and Founder of OpenView Venture Partners, suggests to help your survey stand out in order to obtain the response rates and feedback you’re looking for:
- Know Your Stakeholders – Make sure you know who you are surveying and tailor the messaging.
- Choose from the Right Platform – When choosing a survey provider, there are a number of key questions to identify the right solution for your needs. Read our buyer’s guide to help you through the decision process.
- Keep it Simple – Make questions concise and straight to the point.
- Consider Your Question Types – Getting accurate and useful data is dependent upon asking the right questions. Cvent’s survey system ensures you have the tools you need to ask every question in the best way.
- Get a Second Opinion – Have a co-worker check your survey for errors and test it to make sure it works before you send it out.
Make sure to follow these tips when creating your stakeholder survey! Want more tips for creating effective online surveys? Download our complimentary whitepaper today.
Written by Susanne Ross